For a very concise and current detailed summary of the Business Support, Crisis Information and COVID-19 resources available for business in Victoria we recommend the Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry webpage at https://www.victorianchamber.com.au/business-support/crisis-information/covid-19-coronavirus-resources.
The information contained on this webpage is current as at 30 March 2020 at 1pm
This webpage includes information we have already provided in previous newsletters, but also contains new items that will be of importance to our clients as detailed below:
Business Support Fund – Grant
A $500 million Business Support Fund to assist small to medium businesses most impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak.
Business are eligible to apply for a grant through the Fund if they meet the following criteria:
- Have been subject to closure or highly impacted by shutdown restrictions announced by the Victorian Government to-date External link (opens in same window); and
- Employ people; and
- Have a turnover of more than $75,000; and
- Have payroll of less than $650,000; and
- Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and held that ABN at 16 March 2020 (when the State of Emergency External link (opens in same window) was declared); and
- Have been engaged in carrying out the operation of the business in the Australian State of Victoria on 16 March 2020.
Applications are open now, however, be aware the program does close in 64 days.
If you believe you are eligible, please click on the following link to begin the application process: https://www.business.vic.gov.au/support-for-your-business/grants-and-assistance/business-support-fund
Working for Victoria Fund
In addition, displaced workers will be eligible to apply for different opportunities for paid work. Some displaced workers will have skills that can be readily transferred to new roles. The Government will also assist skills development or help people in obtaining immediate accreditation to commence work.
Register your interest via the following link to receive more details: https://www.vic.gov.au/workingforvictoria
Comments are closed.